A newbie goes hiking

Lately I’ve been enjoying the nature, hiking up the mountain and enjoying the breathtaking view from above. The stress I am having during the MCO, the online classes, constantly having breakdowns are now clear from my head as I’m enjoying my new hobby that I just recently discovered 😂 I never climbed any mountain before and to be honest I was scared at the beginning and a lot of what ifs came up on my mind which lead to overthinking. For instance;

1. What if I passed out?

2. If I wanna pee, where in the world I would take a piss?

3. What if I slip during the hike?

Ahh there are so many but I just listed it out the main ones lol. It was my brother who asked me to join him hiking at Gunung Datuk, Negeri Sembilan. I have literally zero knowledge of hiking, so, I agreed to join him. If only I know the first hike is always the hardest one especially for a newbie like me, I would not ever join him. Basically I wore a freaking jogging shoes to hike?!?! How silly of me to think that “alah hiking je pun” 😭 We departed from home at 5:00 am and the journey to Rembau took us an hour to arrive. So we were there at 6:00. There were 3 of us, my brother, his friend Syimir and me. Syimir was so scared to climb to think that would be 3 of us and thank god there were other people parked next to our car and seemed like they wanted to hike at the time. So my brother politely asked them, wanting to follow them to lead us to the peak. 

We started to hike in a group but then one of them said to go first since they haven’t eaten anything. I climbed and stopped before the first check point and found out that I had difficulty in breathing although my brother kept asking me “hey kau okay tak?” I thought I was okay but little did my body knows that it wanted some foods to process and convert it into energy. There, I collapsed. I swear that time I was literally fighting with maut (im exaggerating lol) 3 pains im having that time which was nak berak, nak muntah and a sudden period paid kicking in my stomach even though I just had my period a week ago? In hiking slang or language, people called it as pewai. I was so pewai to an extend where I wanted to call a freaking helicopter to take me out from this mountain because I barely cant finish this hike huwaaaaa. 

There were 3 thoughts in my mind:

1. If I wanna go back, I have to go all the steep trail again. Plus, its still dark and I don’t want to risk myself 😭

2. If I wanna proceed, the journey is very long way to go and I couldnt even properly stand by my own self.

3. How embarrassing it would be if I decided to go back as I already updated on Instagram story that I’m going for hiking and but there is no photos of my beautiful face at the peak. Well baby, anything for the gram gituh hahaha 😂

What did I do? Oh, I just wait 😂 until the group that we hiked together earlier came approached us and the kakak said “eh kenapa ni?? Bagi dia makan!!! Paksa makan jugak walaupun kenyang!” Lol without any hesitation, my brother quickly passed me his roti and I ate quite aggressively and how magically, all the pain I had were gone and I got my energy back to hike and we hiked up all away to the peak of Mount Datuk. As soon as I reached top, the view is so amazing and breathtaking, MashaAllah. 

The trails in nut shell:

I don't know whether the track is beginner friendly but I personally think if you are fit enough as in you do your cardio regularly, it wouldn't be a problem for you but for myself, it was quite challenging as it was a bit steep until I reach the first check point and the rest was easy for me.

What makes me enjoy hiking despite the tiredness, burning both of my legs, and a rapid heart beat? The answer is the view. As I reach the top, all the tiredness I felt on the track is suddenly disappear as soon I see the view. It was indescribable feeling that I feel and all I know is that the satisfying moment when I get to feel relief and praise to Almighty Allah for this magnificent view. That's what made me to climb more hiking in the future. Enough until here, I would like to please your eyes with some shots that I took at the summit of Gunung Datuk! Enjoy!

More mountains to come, more to post soon! Till then,

Alea 💗






Comments

Anonymous said…
There is always adventure waiting for you